Our Mission and Vision for Cherokee Elementary
Our mission is to promote a safe, stimulating environment in which everyone is encouraged to think critically while developing the necessary skills and attitudes to become caring, responsible, and productive citizens in the twenty-first century.
Our vision is to prepare today’s youth to meet tomorrow’s technological and digital demands by ensuring they have a strong academic foundation, hands-on use of technology, and an exposure to diversity.
- The faculty and staff of Cherokee Elementary School believe:
- All students can learn and achieve at higher levels, regardless of socioeconomic levels, ethnicity, and academic challenges.
- The success of every student depends on effective decision making, active involvement, and collaboration of teachers, administrators, students, parents, and community stakeholders.
- All stakeholders share the responsibility of instilling the shared vision and common mission that essentially produce citizens and lifelong learners.
- Active involvement in ongoing and meaningful professional development opportunities promotes lifelong learning for teachers.
- Technology offers students an avenue to succeed in the 21st global.
- Students learn best when they are engaged in authentic learning opportunities which meet their individual learning styles and make connections between the curriculum, their interests, and real world experiences.
- Data is the blueprint used to guide planning and instruction, assessment, organization and school-wide decisions.
- Conveying high expectations and challenging students to work outside their comfort zones empower them to believe they can succeed.